dimanche 7 février 2010

No. 17 - you've surprised me!

I don't usually take much notice of No.17 makeup, but Friday I took refuge in Boots while in an insanely crowded Euston station. I noticed some solo eyeshadows on special offer. At £3.49 each they're hardly expensive full price, but they're currently £6 for two.

I quickly swatched a few and grabbed two me (ie neutral) shades. I've been very pleasantly surprised by these. It's a small thing, but I love the way they finish these - like a fan of pleated fabric - so beautiful

L-R: Statuesque, Mardi Gras

Statuesque is a peachy gold colour, and Mardi Gras is...well - Satin Taupe, but cheaper - a nice walnut brown.


I can't believe how pigmented they are, and how soft and creamy in texture. I don't know whether I got lucky with these two shades, or whether the rest are equally good but I urge you to check them out for a cheap treat.

L-R MAC's Satin Taupe, 17's Mardi Gras and Statuesque

These are just one swipe, no primer or anything - look how strong the colour is. And look how much more pigmented than MAC's Satin Taupe.

Bingo!

Have you found any gems in the no 17 range?

10 commentaires:

  1. wow they look stunning hun :) I'l chek em out for sure

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Those are gorgeous and in my favorite shade family - neutrals! Don't you just love it when you find gems like this. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. wow those are gorgeous colours. i think its the whole line of these eyeshdows that are good because i have one of them in a deep navy colour and it is brilliant! looks like no. 17 have stepped up their game :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Oooooh. I'll have to have a look at these. Haven't bought any No.17 since I was in highschool! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. These look beautiful! Mardi Gras must be a very tempting shade, and I love the names! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. oh they look fab, ill have to nip to boots! xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Great post... I use No.7 Boots lipcolor & blush :) Mon Mode Blog

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I'm loving thegold tinge to these shades! Hot!

    Lovely blog!! Following you! :) xoxox

    --Tamanna

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Wow! Those look amazing! I never take note of No 17 either, but maybe I should now!

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Oooh, these are lovely. I've been admiring golds and bronzes lately.

    RépondreSupprimer