mercredi 10 mars 2010

Tag - 40 questions

I love a tag, and here's the one that's doing the rounds right now..

SKINCARE
How many times do you wash your face daily?
Morning and night, but I must admit morning is a very pefunctory affair - I'm much more thorough in the evening.

What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo)
Probably best summed up as oily-ish combination

What is your current facial wash?
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

Do you exfoliate?
I gotta say... I don't. I just scrub a little hard with the muslin cloth from time to time. But perhaps I should be doing it properly

What moisturiser do you use?
I'm still waiting for my Darphin wonder cream to arrive so currently using Neal's Yard Violet Day Cream which I bought, didn't like, and put to one side. Having given it another proper go I'm rather liking it now.

Do you have freckles?
Yes, and I love them. I used to have tons more but they've faded a little as I've grown up :-(

Do you use eye cream?
Yes - a Garnier one which I can't remember the name of. I don't think it does a thing, I hasten to add.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No major acne thank goodness, but the odd little breakout here and there when I was younger. These days, pretty good on the whole.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No. I don't think it's very readily available in the UK either.

MAKE-UP

What foundation do you use?
MAC SFF and Estee Lauder Double Wear

How about concealer?
Babara Daly from Tesco. Keep meaning to give the MAC studio finish a go

Do you know your undertone colour?
Hmm - this one has always confused me. Pinkish I guess - I'm a classic 'english rose' colouring

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I marvel at how beautiful they look on other people, but never had any success with them myself. Recommendations for affordable fail-safe ones please!!

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yes - I'd heard that. But there's a lot of things I'm *supposed* to do and don't. So there.

What brand of mascara do you use?
Living in New York I became a huge fan of cheap and cheerful Maybelline Full+Soft - I heart it big time. Didn't realise until I moved back to London that it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. A friend's american girlfriend is hopefully bringing me some over when she visits next week!
High end - nothing beats Lancome.

Sephora or MAC?
I love MAC, but I have BIG love for Sephora. If only there were branches all over London. Despite my pleas, they won't ship to the UK either. Meanies.

Do you have a MAC Pro card?
Nope

What makeup tools do you use in makeup application?
I could live with 3 brushes if necessary - 187 for foundation, and angled blush brush for sculpting and blush and a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Also fingers!

Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes - Urban Decay primer potion - long since de-potted by my dear Pa into a little jar.

For the face?
First outing into the world of primers (GOSH) was not successful. I'm mulling over trying a different one.

What is your favourite eyeshadow?
All That Glitters

Do you use pencil or liquid?
I've toyed with liquid in the past but now am firmly pencil only. Liquid just doesn't work on me

How often do you poke your eyes with eyeliner pencil?
Only when jogged!

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I have a few MAC ones that I was given - but I don't think I'd ever go out and buy any.

Do you use mineral makeup?
I tried Lilly Lolo which I know many people love, but it just didn't work on me. However - I've found it makes quite a good concealer.

What is your favourite lipstick?
Clinique waterviolet or MAC Patisserie

How about lipgloss?
Barry M toffee no.2

What is your favourite blush to use?
MSF in redhead is probably the one I use most often

Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
Nope, never - it just seems a bit risky, especially for something you're putting on your face.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Yes - I wish you could combine the best of UK and US drugstores into one almighty affordable shopping haven - GOSH, Sleek, Wet'n'Wild, NYX, etc etc

Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
I don't think we have them in the UK do we? Do we? I'll be thrilled if you tell me yes!

Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
No. Toyed with paying for one of those MAC makeovers where they supposedly teach you stuff, but I've heard such mixed reports. I'd pay a lot for someone to tell me how to make the best of myself though.

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not especially, but I can't be bothered to spend too long doing. I think we get efficient and making it work don't we?

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
I'm not mad for lips so nude they disappear into the face. I know lots of girls love that look so I don't hate it - just something I see a lot that's not for me.

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
Mostly neutral. I would love to learn to embrace colour more.

Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I've long been obsessed with (and I think blogged about) Whitney Port and Leighton Meester as Blair. Both look so perfect.

If you could leave the house using just one makeup item, what would you use?
I was pondering this one the other day funnily enough. Eyeliner, without a dout.

Could you ever leave the hosue without any makeup on?
Yes of course. I try to do so at the weeekends. I never wore any makeup until a few years ago.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I just look like me. I'm a lot more comfortable with myself now than 10 years ago.

In your opinion, what is the best makeup line?
I guess you can't beat the sheer variety offered by MAC

What do you think of makeup?
It's a wonderful diversion. It can transform the way someone feels about themselves and it's great that such a community has sprung up surrounding it. I love that I talk to girls all over the world about makeup through blogging!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire