vendredi 25 juin 2010

Things I'm loving right now

Macarons

I was a lover of Laduree even before they hit the big time in England and became fashionable, and there's very little I wouldn't do for a salt caramel or blackcurrant violet piece of heaven from them, but while at the Taste of London festival this year I discovered someone else who makes them - a company called Bougie. Macarons - delicious, packaging - gorgeous.


Peonies

My two favourite flowering things in the whole world are peonies and cow parsley. Not that they really go together, but there you go. Anyway - I finally got round to buying some the other day and am loving watching the slow unfolding of them. Mother Nature really was on top form the day she made them



New shoes

Who'd have thought M & S could churn out such a beautiful, fashionable and comfortable pair of shoes? Never overlook the old favourites - they actually have a good selection in there at the moment. There was a beautiful pair, similar to these but even higher heels. Again they were wonderfully comfortable but I was getting to be "transvestite tall" in them and I don't want to tower over every man in the room. So, this pair I'm very pleased with


How cute?

Weather

This glorious weather is making me very happy indeed. The thing about living in a country with such unpredictable weather is that we're thrilled when the sun comes out for two consecutive days in summer. More please!

The lovely weather also means I'm currently walking 8 miles a day (the journey from home to work is 4 miles - I google mapped it!) which has to be a good thing and means I avoid the sweaty grimness that is the tube. Mr C has downloaded a cool app to his iPhone meaning I'm always trying to take arty photos - here's a lovely one from our walk in yesterday morning. Times like this I realise how much I love London.




7 commentaires:

  1. Aaaaaagghh making me homesick!! The shoes are lovely, I always check out M&S, they have great knitwear too! Fabulous pins too darling!!

    xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow, great legs (and shoes too, but your legs are killer!!) I too love peonies to death, I think your header was the one thing that attracted me to your blog even before I started reading it!!! And macarons? Oh, macarons, so so precious...just bought a book in London about them, the chap in Waterstones asked me to bring him one if I ever made them and when I told him I live in Italy he said "well, just pop it in a jiffy then!!"...as if there would ever be any left for someone else!!!! xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Those shoes are beautiful and please share some more artsy photos of yours with us! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. oh how I love you ladies - thank you for those comments. More artsy photos to come Rocaille, I promise.

    Miss LA - I'm sorry...I'm beting that London misses you too!

    Anna - you must let us know if you successfully bake them - I can't imagine anything more exciting than MACARONS ON TAP AT HOME!

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. There a vase of sunflowers and peonies in front of my right now.. but they're dying :(

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Lovely images. I saw that Laduree now has perfume too as you may already know. I'm thinking about picking up the samples to try out (I think they offer three scents). Have you tried any yet? Hope all is well for you!x

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Hi there,

    Great blog! I really enjoy it.

    Please have a look at my page too, if you like it, I hope you will follow it ;-)

    Ps: I'll be having an amazing giveaway to my followers very soon.

    See you soon.

    RépondreSupprimer